Practical Steps to Support a Thriving Planet
Facilitator: Hawkwood College Team with Mike Berners-Lee
How do we really change our current behavior?
How can we introduce new systems into our organisations?
This 2-day action lab will create the space for us to re-imagine the ways in which we can limit our impact on our planetary resources in the decade ahead. We will draw from the experience from the thought-leaders and special guests that have been invited with the purpose that their experience might re-ignite the power of our imagination, and give us the ground we need to finally get practical about climate change. Leave with your own tailor-made 10 point climate action plan for your organisation, community or business – that would inevitably lead you to reconsider the patterns and behaviors in your personal life.
* Team Discounts! Bring your colleagues along to participate together. Groups of three or more people get 10% discount on each ticket. Use coupon discount: CAL-GROUP-10 (coupon not valid for day tickets)
Event time: Wed 4th Mar 2020 at 9:00am - Fri 6th Mar 2020 at 2:00pm
How can we limit our impact on planetary resources?
You will leave a renewed sense of purpose and create your own 10 point plan on what you can do personally and practically to combat bigger questions based around climate change. This will include a plan on plastics, recycling, energy, food, managing money and working within your community to show climate leadership.
How do we really change our current behaviour?
Confirmed special guests so far: Mike Berners-Lee, JoJo Mehta, Natalie Fee, Hugh Blogg, Fiona Ellis, Simon Pickering, Zoe Sear, Dr Alex Ryan, Yolande Booyse, Miriam Webb, Clare Carlile & Claudi Williams.
At a Glance
- A one-off opportunity to be inspired by remarkable thought leaders and organisations who are working to protect our planet
- Create your own tailor-made 10 point climate action plan for your organisation – that would inevitably lead you to reconsider the patterns and behaviours in your personal life.
- Suitable for organisations, business or individuals a like. We are all in this together. It is time to take action.
What Participants will Gain
- In-depth insight into how you can drive positive change to protect our planet
- A support network of like-minded individuals who will be on the same journey
- An opportunity to meet and collaborate with exceptional thought-leaders and do-ers
See timetable here
See our official lab poster here
18-25 year-olds! We have FIVE FREE SCHOLARSHIP PLACES. First come, first served. Must attend all three days, non-residential (including lunches, suppers and refreshments) *not valid for day tickets
Please note that prices are listed per person.
Residential options are fully inclusive with all meals provided. Non-residential options include suppers, lunches and all refreshments and exclude B&B. Day tickets include only lunch and refreshments.
Team Discounts! Bring your colleagues along to participate together. Groups of three or more people get 10% discount on each ticket. Use coupon discount: CAL-GROUP-10 (coupon not valid
18-25 year-olds – FIVE FREE SCHOLARSHIP PLACES. First come, first served. Must attend all three days, non-residential (incl lunches, suppers and refreshments) *not valid for day tickets