At a Glance
- Joyful, healing, inspiring harmony singing in parts
- Meditative and devotional mantra ritual
- Creating a sacred space
What Participants Will Gain
- An education in songs and mantras of different styles, languages and cultures
- Development of singing and musical ability; melody, harmony, pitch and rhythm
- Much enjoyment and greater confidence, energy, peace, wellbeing and connection to others and one’s highest aspirations
Mahasukha will lead Soulful Singing in the mornings and Beauty of Mantra in the evenings. We’ll start each singing session with a vocal and body warm-up and then sing joyful and sacred songs from around the world, particularly African. All the songs are in part harmony and are taught by ear. Mahasukha will teach the words, melodies, and harmonies to each song, building the parts up one by one, and then bringing them all together. Mahasukha accompanies the singing on djembe which adds another uplifting dimension. Soulful Singing is a unique and rich combination of singing, drumming, and dancing. Food for the soul!
Beauty of Mantra consists of chanting meditative and devotional Buddhist mantras in a ritual setting. We will chant the mantras before a beautiful shrine and make candle offerings. We will start with a short meditation and afterwards, we will sit and absorb the practice and magical atmosphere.