Tai Chi day retreat connecting to your inner calm & the energy around us
Facilitator: Chris Taylor
Connect with your inner calm and through it, the energy that moves all life. Learn practices to build health and balance in your daily life.
Event time: Sun 18th Apr 2021 at 10:00am - Sun 18th Apr 2021 at 5:00pm
,At A Glance
- Take time out of your daily life and focus on yourself
- Learn simple embodied practices that build a sense of balance and calm which you can take with you
- Find a greater connection with the life-force energy that sustains all things around us
- Make a plan of how to integrate these tai chi practices into your daily routine
Participants will gain
- Build inner peace and calm
- Discover a felt experience of the life force energy in all things
- Feel healthier and more invigorated
This Tai Chi day retreat set in Hawkwood grounds, is an introduction to the ancient arts of Tai Chi and Qi Gong. This is an ideal way to experience their benefits. These practices will bring benefits to the mind, body and soul which are needed in these modern times of turbulence and uncertainty.
Based on a deep understanding of holistic health and the interconnections, these practices help not just the mind. Your journey of the mind, body and energy that runs through all things will be explored, and in turn you will develop a sense of calmness, health, vitality and oneness will begin.
This workshop is designed for people who are both completely new to Tai Chi, along with those who want to renew/ strengthen their connection to the practice.
Led by facilitator Chris Taylor. Through graceful movements developed over thousands of years, this practice we can build bodily health, peace of mind & a deeper connection to existence.
- Learn Qi Gong exercises to help strengthen health and immunity
- Study the timeless wisdom that sits beneath which promote balance, appreciation of nature and spiritual development
- Whilst at the day retreat you will spend time appreciating the beautiful grounds of Hawkwood College in the Cotswolds
- Take with you the learnings of the retreat and integrate the tai chi practices into your daily life
Please bring your own lunch, teas and coffees will be provided.
To get the most from the retreat, please bring loose clothing and light shoes (trainers or similar). No special equipment is required. All exercises are performed standing up (or sitting if unable to stand). You should also bring outdoor clothes and footwear.
Chris Taylor is an intuitive facilitator and coach. He has been studying and practicing Tai Chi for more than twenty years and is a qualified instructor. Chris pays particular attention to embodying the principles and practices of Tai Chi in his own life. This means eating healthily, daily Tai Chi and meditation practices and an approach to life which starts from a place of being intricately connected with all things.
Chris lives with his wife on a 42 acre organic communal farm in the English countryside where he is learning horticulture, earth care, orchard care and composting. Seeing these activities also as meditative practices, he is dedicated to regeneration of the Earth and all life. Chris is author of The Tao of Revolution.
“Chris has a friendly and calm approach to teaching and quickly centres the group. I noticed a difference in my capacity to breathe deeper and a reduction in anxiety after several classes.”
“A really great space to share with my daughter. She enjoys the rhythm and I like the chance to connect with my breath.”
“Chris has the calmest presence and most peaceful aura of anyone I know.”