For Mind, Body and Spirit
Facilitator: Chris Taylor
Learn the ancient art of Tai Chi – slow and graceful movements that build health, focus the mind and connect you to the energy that flows through all life.
* Please note that this is an online course, delivered via Zoom. Registration ends on the start day at 12noon.
Event time: Mon 9th Nov 2020 at 7:30pm - Mon 30th Nov 2020 at 9:00pm
At A Glance
- Learn a complete Tai Chi form which you can then practice every day
- Based on the popular Yang style and specially adapted for on-line learning
- Repeated daily, Tai Chi is a powerful way to bring balance to life by integrating mind, body and spirit.
What You Will Gain
- Learn a simple yet powerful movement sequence that builds health and strengthens immunity
- Build inner peace and calm
- Discover strength and poise through softness and acceptance.
Time & Dates
Mondays 9, 16, 23, 30th Nov. All sessions start at 7.30pm GMT and finish at 9.00pm GMT
To convert to any other time zones please click here.
Developed over two thousand years, Tai Chi has proved to be a practical and effective way to develop physical health and personal resilience. As modern times become more turbulent and fearful, it is more relevant now than ever before.
Based on a deep understanding of holistic health and the interconnections between mind, body and the energy that runs through all things, these practices bring calm, health, vitality and a sense of oneness.
Chris Taylor has been a student of Tai Chi and the philosophy behind it for over twenty years. Trained in Yang Style Tai Chi and qualified as an instructor with the Master Ding Academy in London, he brings a practical approach to applying these ancient practices to the modern world.
During this course you will
- Learn an entire Tai Chi short form, lasting around three minutes, which directs life-force-energy around the body and builds mental and spiritual focus
- Come to understand how energy circulates around the body and how it can be used to build health and boost immunity
- Have an embodied experience of life-force-energy and feel the connection between your own energy and the energy the flows in all thing
- Understand the importance of softness, acceptance and flow in achieving balance and resilience in life.
If you are in need of financial support, we have options as a Hawkwood ambassador. Fill out this form here and we will be in touch shortly.
Please wear loose comfortable clothing and light shoes (trainers or similar). No special equipment is required. All exercises are performed standing up (or sitting if unable to stand). You will need roughly a square metre of empty space.
The course will be held in real time with the tutors via the Zoom platform. Sign up to this platform is free. You will need a laptop, computer, tablet or a smartphone – with an in-built camera and microphone – and a reliable internet connection. We will provide more information and joining instructions in advance of the first session. Attendance at all four sessions is required.
Recordings will be available for 30 days after course close as a way to support all participants in receiving the information.
The course is the same for both prices; please choose the level you can afford. Know that each booking you make is financially supporting our charity and facilitators and tutors, most of which have had to cancel all of their upcoming work. Thank you!
Chris Taylor is an intuitive facilitator and coach. He has been studying and practicing Tai Chi for more than twenty years and is a qualified instructor. Chris pays particular attention to embodying the principles and practices of Tai Chi in his own life. This means eating healthily, daily Tai Chi and meditation practices and an approach to life which starts from a place of being intricately connected with all things.
Chris lives with his wife on a 42 acre organic communal farm in the English countryside where he is learning horticulture, earth care, orchard care and composting. Seeing these activities also as meditative practices, he is dedicated to regeneration of the Earth and all life. Chris is author of The Tao of Revolution.
“I feel totally grounded and calm after our sessions.”
“Chris has a friendly and calm approach to teaching and quickly centres the group. I noticed a difference in my capacity to breathe deeper and a reduction in anxiety after several classes.”
“A really great space to share with my daughter. She enjoys the rhythm and I like the chance to connect with my breath.”
“Chris has the calmest presence and most peaceful aura of anyone I know.”
“A chance to start the day grounded and breathing well under Chris’s gentle guidance.”
“An oasis of calm in the busy day.”