*If you are visiting Hawkwood as a participant to one of our courses please visit terms and conditions here.
Terms & Conditions of Booking Agreement
Hawkwood accommodation offers 28 bedrooms, and operating with Covid-19 guidelines is now all single occupancy only unless there are those from within the same household. 1 single ground floor room adapted for use by persons with mobility difficulties with en-suite and second further bedroom on the 1st floor has en-suite with the further 26 non en-suite bedrooms having hand-wash basins. There are 10 shared-use bathrooms with either bath or shower facilities. Please ask delegates to bring appropriate night ware for bathroom trips as well as their own towels.
For the planning of your schedule whilst at Hawkwood, please note that meal times are:
- Breakfast 08:30, Lunch 13:00, Supper 18:30.
- Break times are 11:00 and 16:00
We may be able to be flexible on break times but please contact venue hire department at time of booking. We are unable to accommodate last minute changes to pre-agreed times.
- These terms and conditions form the basis of the agreement between you and Hawkwood.
- By signing the Booking Agreement you agree that you are over 18 years of age and that you accept full responsibility for all payments due and for the consequences of any actions by all participants.
Booking & Final Numbers
- Hawkwood considers a confirmed booking on receipt of a signed Contract Booking Agreement and receipt of a deposit of 20% of the total amount (incl VAT), based on the minimum number of delegates agreed.
- Once Hawkwood has confirmed the booking and received the deposit then an agreement exists between us on these terms and conditions. Nothing is confirmed until Hawkwood receives your deposit.
- Hawkwood may accept a provisional booking and reserve the rooms for your dates provided that we receive the deposit from you within 7 days of the deposit invoice.
- Your booking is based on the minimum number of delegates stated within the Booking Agreement. Should your numbers fall below this agreed minimum you agree you are liable for full payment of these delegates. If your numbers raise above the minimum number of delegates agreed you must obtain written confirmation from Hawkwood of its availability to accept further delegates. The price you agree to pay for any extra delegates will be written in the Booking Agreement.
- If you are booking within 2 weeks of the date of arrival, the total fee is payable at the time of booking.
- Please ensure the delegate’s names including any day delegates reach the Venue Hire department at least two weeks prior to arrival (you will be advised the date in writing) along with any dietary / allergens we particularly need to be aware of. You as the organiser are responsible to ensure delegates do not consume food prepared by us as advised by you for delegates with special dietary/ allergens.
- No reduction in charges can be made for participants who choose not to take meals.
- Delegate rates are full residential and will be charged as such with the exception of pre-arranged named, day delegates. We will not discount residential rates by meals/ parts of the day not participated.
- Unless exclusive use is pre-arranged and paid for, we reserve the right to have more than one group in residence at the same time.
- Any remaining balance, less fees already paid, will be invoiced after your arrival date. Any changes, including cancellations, to the numbers of participants within 7 days of the booking date will be charged in full.
- For payments to overseas bank accounts or via Paypal, the cost of returning your deposit payment will be met by you and deducted from the payment Hawkwood make.
- Cancellation of a booking for whatever reason will be charged, based on the min number specified, on the following basis:
- Bookings cancelled between twelve months’ and six months’ prior to start date : 20%
- Bookings cancelled between six months’ and three months’ prior to start date : 35%
- Bookings cancelled between three months and six weeks’ prior to start date : 50%
- Bookings cancelled less than six weeks’ prior to start date : 100%
- In the event of cancellation, Hawkwood reserve the right to re-let the rooms.
- It is not the policy of Hawkwood to waive cancellation fees in the case of weather related or other travel restrictions. Provided Hawkwood is adequately staffed and open for business, cancellation of confirmed bookings will attract charges as above.
- Hawkwood does not operate any scheme of cancellation or travel insurance we recommend you take out your own insurance in case you have to cancel through illness or unforeseen circumstances.
- Hawkwood reserves the right to cancel the booking any time in the event of circumstances beyond our reasonable control or if it is necessary to undertake essential works at the venue. In these very unlikely circumstances Hawkwood will endeavour to offer suitable alternative booking dates. If no such alternative is agreed between us, then we will refund in full all money received by us for the booking. Hawkwood will not otherwise be liable for any loss incurred by you as a result of the cancellation.
Change of Booking & Delegate Numbers
- Changes to a booking & Delegate Numbers for whatever reason will be charged on the minimum number specified on the booking agreement, on the following basis:
- Bookings changed within 3 months’ prior to the start date : 75%
- Bookings changed prior to 3 months’ of the start date will be charged at 50% of the delegate rate.
- If a change results in a reduction in the length of the booking it will be regarded as a cancellation.
Occupation of the Property
- Guests are obliged to:
- Observe all fire and safety rules and procedures.
- Be responsible for the security of personal belongings, both in rooms and cars. There is a £10 minimum charge, plus postage, for return of each item of lost property left behind after your booking, payable in advance of posting.
- Respect Hawkwood property and our place (including being quiet for our other guests at night)
- The group organisers are responsible for their own Professional Indemnity Insurance for the event and agree have a list of all their participants with them, in case of emergency.
- The number of people staying in the property must not exceed the number agreed on the confirmation. Without prior agreement the use of tents or sleeping in motor vehicles on or adjacent to the Property is not permitted.
- You must not use the rooms for any activity or in such a way as to cause nuisance or annoyance to other groups, any music live or recorded must cease at 11pm.
- Fires, fireworks, fire pits are not permitted unless you have the express permission of the venue hire manager.
- Participants wishing to bring their own alcohol are subject to a voluntary corkage charge payable to Hawkwood charity.
- agree to treat the venue and its contents with care and respect. You will pay Hawkwood upon written demand any costs incurred in making good any losses, breakages or damage which have been sustained.
- No pet is permitted in the property except guide dogs or hearing dogs.
- You have the right to uninterrupted use of the rooms as per your booking agreement but you must allow anyone authorised by Hawkwood to enter for cleaning, maintenance checks or repairs or in the case of an emergency.
- You must ensure that the rooms are left in a clean and tidy condition on your departure at the end of your stay.
- Normal use of electricity, central heating and hot water is included in the price. Normal use of broadband internet is included in the price. Due to the nature of the building it is not possible to get Wi-Fi connection in all of the bedrooms.
- You are responsible for the sensible use by your delegates of the wood burning stove in the Library. Firewood is included in the price and can be replenished on request providing usage is within what we consider normal levels.
- Clean bed linen and towels will be provided and are included in the price, we do not make bed linen or towels changes during the course of a booking. If we agree that you have a change of delegates checking in/ out of the same bedrooms during the course of your booking, there will be a changeover charge of £25 per change.
- Hand soaps are provided but delegates are responsible for bringing their own personal cleaning products. Hawkwood does not offer hairdryers.
- We cannot accommodate individual dietary needs beyond vegan, wheat-free, gluten-free and dairy free. If an individual has a dietary-related, medical need they must contact the venue hire department at least two weeks prior to their stay here to ask if accommodating their dietary needs is possible (it may not be). If it is necessary, there will be an extra charge to cover any extra staff time involved.
Hawkwood’ Right to Refuse/Terminate
- Hawkwood reserve the right to refuse any booking.
- Hawkwood reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and ask you and your guests to leave immediately if this is deemed necessary by us as a result of your behaviour or that of your guests or any other material breach by you of the terms of this Agreement.
We reserve the right to terminate a booking any time that these conditions are not kept in full.
Your event will not be part of Hawkwood’s’ calendar of events on our website, in print or in promotions.